The CTSAMVM is working for the betterment of the people of South Sudan, in support of the peace process, and in accordance with agreements, national laws and international law.
The CTSAMVM is committed to monitoring the signatory Parties’ compliance with the R-ARCSS in the following areas:
- The Parties are to cease all hostile military actions and operations in furtherance of the armed conflict between and among the Parties including acts of Sexual Gender Based Violence and recruitment of Child Soldiers.
- All Forces shall immediately freeze in their locations, except for movements authorized by CTSAMVM for logistical and administrative purposes; and refrain from offensive, provocative, or retaliatory actions such as dissemination of hostile propaganda, recruitment, mobilization, and redeployment of forces.
- The Parties shall at all times protect the human rights of civilians and shall ensure the safety and dignity of individuals and communities.
- The Parties should uphold international law and shall allow and facilitate unfettered access for people in need to receive assistance from the United Nations and impartial international and national non-governmental organizations.
- The Parties shall refrain from movement or access restrictions on CTSAMVM performing its duties as prescribed in its mandate.
The CTSAMVM works in an impartial, professional and thorough manner to investigate complaints submitted by the Parties and others, and alleged breaches of the Agreement on the basis of credible information.